White House Petition on Puppy Mills: Detailed Instructions
Dogs and puppies are suffering in puppy mills, and they need your help.
Please ask the President to require large-scale, commercial breeders who sell puppies online and directly to the public to be covered by Animal Welfare Act regulations—including minimum standards for humane care and treatment. Read more about this petition.
See the step-by-step instructions below for signing the petition to help dogs in puppy mills. It's normally a pretty easy process.
1. Open the petition page (http://wh.gov/gdb) and click the blue "create an account" button. (See a screenshot.)
2. Fill in your information to create an account. (See a screenshot.)
3. You will be prompted to go to the email address you provided to confirm your account creation. (See a screenshot.)
4. You will receive an email from WhiteHouse.gov that gives you your login information. (See a screenshot.)
5. Click on the link in the email from WhiteHouse.gov (circled in this screenshot). The link in the email will only work once. If you follow the link a second time, you will see an alternate login screen (see a screenshot) where you can login as in step 6.
6. Fill in your email and the password (near the red arrow on this screenshot) that was provided to you by WhiteHouse.gov.
Sometimes the WhiteHouse.gov site may not let you sign the petition right away, but it should work after a few tries, and getting the welfare of dogs and puppies on the White House agenda is well worth a couple of visits.
7. Click the green "sign this petition" button to add your name to the signature list. (See a screenshot.)
8. You have now signed the petition. (See a screenshot.) Thank you!
9. There are options to email the link to friends and family or share the petition via your Twitter and Facebook (see a screenshot). Please do this to help dogs and puppies even more.
We've heard that the WhiteHouse.gov site occasionally won't respond if there is especially heavy online traffic. If this happens to you, please try again later.
If you have gone through all the steps above and had a problem signing the petition, we want to help. Please email us and let us know at which point you had a problem, and what the error was. We will respond as quickly as possible.