March 21, 2012
Black Beauty Ranch: Join Us for Our Spring Open House
Meet the animals of Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch
Saturday, April 14 and Saturday, April 21
10 a.m. to 4 p.m., rain or shine!
Join us for the Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch’s biannual open house in Murchison, Texas. Visit our 1250 acre sanctuary and meet more than 1,100 animals rescued from biomedical research; factory farming; circuses, roadside zoos; the exotic pet trade and other cruelty.
At Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch you'll meet rescued chimpanzees and other primates; horses and burros; bobcats; iguanas and African tortoises; antelope, deer, ostriches, llamas; American bison; and dozens of other species now living lives of peace and compassion.
You'll also enjoy a visit to the Doris Day Horse Rescue and Adoption Center where they use love, language and leadership to retrain rescued horses while providing support and training to adopters.
Most activities are free, but donations are always appreciated. Because we are a non-profit, donations are tax deductible and are used to provide direct care for the animals. Children of all ages are welcome, but please let your pets stay at home as they aren't allowed on site.
For more information
The Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch is on CR 3806 in Murchison, Texas, approximately 95 miles east of Dallas and 25 miles west of Tyler.
Bring the animals a gift!
Our biannual open house is a great time to give our animals a gift off our wishlist. At the Ranch, we are always in need of the following:
For our equines:
- lead ropes
- jolly balls for horses (www.tractorsupply.com-search jolly balls)
- horse treats/snacks (apple, carrot, peppermint flavors)
- feed buckets
- fly spray
For our primates:
- fresh produce
- peanut butter
- dog/cat toys
- boomer balls (www.boomerball.com) all sizes
- gently used children's toys
- stuffed animals
- Unbreakable mirrors (10 acrylic mirrors 3-8”, 4-12”, 3-24” squares; Pacific Pediatric Supply http://pacificpediatricsupply.clickforward.com/unbreakable-mirrors-x-10
- Banana Leaves (3-4 ft banana leaves, Florida Coconuts http://www.florida-coconuts.com/produtos/php)
For our exotic animals:
- Strong perfume and other strong scents
- Used fur coats, jackets, or stoles
Items we always could use:
- paper towels
- toilet paper
- scrub brushes
- laundry detergent (unscented)
- dish soap
- medium & large latex gloves
- first aid care items (band aids, antibiotic ointments, alcohol wipes, benadryl)
- zip ties (all sizes)
- bungee cords
- large equipment (back hoe, bull dozer, trucks)
Please join us! We look forward to meeting you!