August 17, 2012
A Month of Rescued Animals
Our Animal Rescue Team's recent cases
In just the last month, our resourceful and caring Animal Rescue Team worked with law enforcement to help rescue 378 animals from cruelty, fighting, and puppy mills.
We act to help animal victims of various kinds of abuse and natural disasters, all around the country.
- Puppy mill rescues in Mississippi (see video) and North Carolina
- A Texas rescue of 298 dogs
- Dual raids on suspected dogfighters in Michigan (see video)
- A raid of an alleged cockfighting operation in Pennsylvania
- Help for horses and other animals threatened by Western wildfires (see a slideshow)
More Animal Rescue Team highlights
- Responding to 184 calls on our animal fighting tip line. We turned 166 complaints over to law enforcement, and opened files on 18 as potential targets.
- Working with the public and law enforcement on 194 puppy mill reports and 182 cruelty complaints
- Noting the conviction of puppy mill operators in North Carolina as a result of an earlier HSUS investigation and raid (see video)
- Helping El Dorado County Animal Control identify cockfighting evidence seized during an earlier cockfighting raid (see video) near Placerville, Calif., and helping to arrange for some of the surrendered birds to be taken to sanctuaries
- Assisting Holmes County Sheriff's Office with the rescue of 4 horses, 1 mini horse, and a mule from poor conditions in Florida, and arranging assistance with evidence collection, rescue, and transport of the animals. The owner was charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty.
Making it possible
These accomplishments are only possible because of your generous support of our Animal Rescue Team. Your donation will go to work to help more animals like these.