April 25, 2014
World Spay Day Event Organizers Selected to Receive $50,000 in Grants
Nine organizations from around the country that participated in World Spay Day have been awarded grants totaling $50,000 from The Humane Society of the United States. The grants, made possible by the Doris Day Animal Foundation and Abaxis, will help further the recipients’ community spay/neuter efforts and expand the impact of the national day.
The organizations were selected based upon their World Spay Day event descriptions and reported results. The events that were best promoted were given preference.
The following organizations have been offered individual grants:
- Progressive Animal Welfare Society (PAWS), Lynnwood, Wash.
- Loving Companions Animal Rescue, Inc., North Pole, Ark.
- Voices for Animals, Charlottesville, Va.
- Animal Defense League of Arizona, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Paw Placement of Northern Arizona, Flagstaff, Ariz.
- The Humane Society of Southern Arizona, Tucson, Ariz.
- Summers County Humane Society, Hinton, W.Va.
- Feral Cat Coalition, San Diego, Calif.
- Foothills Animal Shelter, Golden, Colo.
Anyone interested in learning more about spaying and neutering including how to find local, low-cost spay/neuter resources may visit www.worldspayday.org.
Media Contact: Cheylin Parker; 301-258-1505, firstname.lastname@example.org