February 11, 2013
The Humane Society of the United States Names the Top Ten Emergency Placement Partners of 2012
The Humane Society of the United States has named its top ten Emergency Placement Partners of 2012. Emergency Placement Partners are local animal agencies that work with The HSUS to provide ongoing care and find permanent homes for animals saved during large-scale rescue missions. There are more than 200 Placement Partners nationwide.
“We are thrilled to recognize these ten animal welfare organizations for their enthusiasm and dedication to helping when animals are in need,” said Michelle Cascio, manager of the Emergency Placement Program for The HSUS. “Emergency Placement Partners play a critical role in our important mission to end animal cruelty, and we are thankful to these ten groups for being involved in this life-saving program.”
After The HSUS removes animals from cruelty situations or natural disasters and provides them the veterinary and other care they need to recover, the organization works with Emergency Placement Partners to help in their long-term placement. As local groups with access to local resources, these organizations provide the animals with continued veterinary care, rehabilitation, and ultimately, placement in new homes. The HSUS has donated equipment for the shelters as a thank you for their dedication to helping rescued animals recover and find their forever homes.
The 2012 Top Ten Emergency Placement Partners include:
- Second Chance Animal Shelter, East Brookfield, Mass.
- Humane Society of Charlotte, Charlotte, N.C.
- Virginia Beach SPCA, Virginia Beach, Va.
- Dane County Humane Society, Madison, Wis.
- Montgomery Humane Society, Montgomery, Ala.
- Southern Pines Animal Shelter, Hattiesburg, Miss.
- SPCA Albrecht Center for Animal Welfare, Aiken, S.C.
- SPCA of Wake County, Raleigh, N.C.
- Humane Society of Berks County, Reading, Pa.
- Washington Animal Rescue League, Washington, D.C.
Media Contact: Stephanie Twining, 301-258-1491, email@example.com