The Humane Society of the United States, the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a part time (working 20-25 hours per week) Administrative Assistant for its Pet for Life (PFL) program. This position is responsible for providing administrative support and assistance to the PFL director and the mentorship and training team for program implementation.
This position will be responsible for:
- Supporting the team in creating program reports, literature, and training materials;
- Assisting in managing PFL social media page(s) – creating planned posts, reviewing comments, and responding to questions and issues;
- Assisting in maintaining the program database, data entry, troubleshooting problems, and cleaning data;
- Assisting in communication with mentorship groups, answering questions, providing reports, facilitating various needs;
- Responding to emails and inquiries about the program and providing appropriate information;
- Coordinating trainings, projects and events as needed including involved research, outreach, event planning and booking travel for PFL staff;
- Providing support at training events and team meetings as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma required;
- Minimum of one year of office experience;
- Good communication and organization skills;
- Ability to manage and prioritize varying workload and multiple demands;
- Ability to work autonomously to complete tasks;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, preferred experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
Please submit a cover letter and résumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD or may be remote.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
Back to Employment Opportunities