The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization is seeking an Animal Caregiver I, for our South Florida Wildlife Center (SFWC) in Fort Lauderdale, FL. This position is responsible for the daily care of resident animals and maintaining interior and exterior habitats.
This position will be responsible for:
- Preparing food/diets and ensuring animals have feed and water;
- Cleaning assigned interior and exterior enclosures;
- Monitoring animals for any medical and behavioral problems;
- Carrying out or assisting in medical treatments;
- Stocking supplies;
- Capturing, moving, and transferring animals within the facility;
- Maintaining cleanliness of habitats.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- Six months to one year of experience in animal care field required;
- Ability to move/lift 50lbs, bend frequently, and stand throughout workday;
- Good observational and organizational skills along with the ability to follow written directions and record observations;
- Must be reliable;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to identify changes in animal behavior or medical status;
- Ability to provide oversight to other staff, in the absence of supervisor;
- Must have, or obtain, and maintain an up-to-date rabies prophylaxis and titer;
- Support and communicate the mission of the SFWC.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701.This position is located in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities