The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Coordinator, Humane State for the Companion Animals department. The main responsibility of this position is to coordinate training opportunities for the Humane State program.
This position will be responsible for:
- Coordinating training opportunities, including but not limited to: securing venues and catering, ordering supplies and equipment, and preparing necessary documents;
- Assisting with post-training duties including gathering of follow-up materials, collation of attendee evaluation data, and follow-up support as needed;
- Applying for and obtaining appropriate continuing education certifications as required by accredited institutions;
- Tracking and maintaining training registration and associated web pages;
- On-the-ground event coordinating: traveling to training location, managing daily logistics and providing transportation for speakers and staff;
- Assisting manager in collecting, updating, preparing and maintaining training resources, including hard and electronic files, databases, brochures, booklets and data;
- Other training-related duties as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma required;
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred;
- A minimum of two years of administrative work experience required;
- Knowledge of and experience with the animal welfare field, particularly animal sheltering and rescue, preferred;
- Knowledge of the law enforcement field desirable;
- Event planning experience desirable;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others;
- Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple competing priorities;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, EXCEL, Outlook and PowerPoint);
- Ability and willingness to travel several times a year.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status. EOE
Back to Employment Opportunities