The Humane Society of The United States (HSUS), the nation’s largest animal advocacy organization is seeking a Help Desk Support Technician II for our Information Technology (IT) department. The main responsibility of this position is to provide technical assistance and training to system users.
This position will be responsible for:
- Responding to users’ request for assistance by phone and in person, generally handling routine technical issues while seeking guidance on more advanced issues;
- Installing and modifying personal computer hardware, software, and peripherals;
- Diagnosing hardware, software, and operator problems and takes remedial actions or recommends procedural changes as well as performing more complex remediation tasks in order to resolve issues;
- Receiving guidance/supervision on new assignments but normally works independently on mastered tasks;
- Providing support for all IT products and services to include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating IT policies and procedures;
- Recording required support request information in the IT ticket management system;
- Updating tickets with a summary of activities and final resolution as well as closing all tickets in a timely fashion;
- Supporting activities to include network and third party system account management, computer imaging and peripheral configuration, managing distribution of loaner computers, mobile device setup and remote installation of software;
- Scheduling and assistance with Dell system warranty repairs or other contracted vendor of hardware devices.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Minimum of two-four years of experience or equivalent, relevant work experience;
- Strong knowledge in desktop and network support and troubleshooting in a Microsoft Enterprise environment;
- Active CompTIA A+ certification is required; CompTIA Network+ certification is a plus but not required;
- Must have experience in using basic software applications such as Microsoft OS (v7-10), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Etc.), and Help Desk or Service Desk ticketing systems;
- Must have thorough knowledge of and experience in a Service Desk or Help Desk environment;
- Must be able to oversee and coordinate the completion of multiple service tickets at once;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent attention to detail, and strong organizational skills;
- Must be a team player with a proactive, positive “can do” attitude and a strong work ethic;
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment;
- An energetic, enthusiastic, team player with the desire to grow both personally and professionally;
- A professional presence and customer service skills with the ability to maintain composure and respond respectfully and appropriately to inquiries from management, employees, and the general public.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
Back to Employment Opportunities