The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Network Administrator for the Information Technology department. The main responsibility of this position is to provide support and development services for all cloud-based and on premise network servers, software, and supporting functions of the HSUS network. Recommend and implement changes that will improve network performance, security, and reliability.
This position will be responsible for:
- Monitoring, upgrading, repairing, and documenting on premise network and cloud-based systems including hardware, software, services, and internet connectivity;
- Administering communication and application systems – Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Skype for Business, VOIP network, and related mobility services;
- Implementing established security policies and procedures related to network and endpoint protection, vulnerability management, system configuration, and advanced user administration;
- Providing configuration, troubleshooting, and issuing resolution support for all network firewalls, switches, routers, and VPN services;
- Researching and implementing new technologies and maintaining current safeguards for network security in a mixed environment;
- Managing Microsoft Active Directory, group policy, remote access, DNS hierarchies and DHCP services for a variety of internal and external systems.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems/Technology Management or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an IT network environment;
- CompTIA Network+ certification is required; CompTIA Security+ is a plus;
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 hybrid environments and migrations is a plus;
- Knowledge of the following operating systems and services: Exchange 2016, Windows server 2008 through Windows 2016 R2, Windows 7 through Windows 10, current Apple Operating System, Microsoft products such as Sharepoint, Dynamics GP, Skype for Business, and Terminal services, as well as Adaptive Forecasting, Vmware/Vsphere, and Dell Enterprise Manager;
- Knowledge of WAN/LAN technology including Cisco and Dell routers and switches, SonicWALL and Sophos firewalls, VPN technology, and TCPIP protocols;
- Must be able to work afterhours and some weekends as needed;
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
Back to Employment Opportunities