The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking an Outreach Coordinator, Food and Nutrition (Midwest Region) for its Campaigns department. This position is primarily responsible for assisting the Food and Nutrition team in persuading institutional food service providers and corporations to add more plant-based menu options to their menus.
This position will be responsible for:
- Researching and identifying new institutions to establish relationships;
- Scheduling meetings, providing information on campaigns, persuading and influencing companies to reduce meat and increase plant-based options;
- Maintaining relationships with institutions and companies in the food industry with check-ins, emails, phone calls, and visits;
- Planning and coordinating educational, hands-on training, workshops, and events with food service companies;
- Researching facilities and catering information, ordering supplies, and assisting with invitation lists;
- Maintaining memberships to relevant organizations;
- Attending meetings and conventions to aid in networking/relationship building with industry institutions;
- Collaborating with team members to brainstorm creative ideas and ways to persuade and influence institutions and companies to increase plant-based options.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school degree or equivalent required;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in food and nutrition, preferably within the food service industry;
- Institutional food service experience a plus (University, K-12, or Business and Industry);
- Knowledge of food and food service industry procurement a plus;
- Knowledge about factory farming, nutrition/health and environmental issues a plus;
- The ability to build/foster relationships by reinforcing trust and respect, and demonstrating high standards of tact, diplomacy and discretion;
- A high level of confidence, integrity, interpersonal skills, and a professional executive presence for effectively interacting with and influencing others, internally and externally, as well as for facilitating meetings and conducting public speaking/presentations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills with demonstrated flexibility and the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity, while meeting time sensitive deadlines and deliverables;
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member in a team environment;
- Must be willing and able to travel and have a valid driver’s license.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position will be based remotely out of a home office in the Midwest Region.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
Back to Employment Opportunities