The Humane Society of The United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Program Coordinator for its Animal Research Issues department. This position will act as a liaison between the program manager at headquarters and on-the-ground management in Liberia to ensure smooth operation of the sanctuary.
This position will be responsible for:
- Liaising with Liberian team for daily operations: Ensuring smooth operations of the sanctuary, including payment and capacity building of staff and consultants, proper accounting and human resource procedures, timely distribution of funds for animal care, procurement and delivery of supplies as needed, and implementation and coordination of visitor programs;
- Communications and donor engagement: Maintaining content on the social media website and online fundraising platforms to engage donors about the project. Assisting with the development of selected materials (such as brochures and fundraising documents), fundraising events, and grant writing and reports;
- Liaising with Liberian team on capital projects: Participating in the ongoing development of detailed plans to build a proper sanctuary for the chimpanzees and carry-out activities as needed from the United States, including ensuring disbursement and accountability of funds;
- Program monitoring: Monitoring program progress and identifying problems and barriers and making recommendations to management for adjustments as necessary to ensure successful, quality outcomes;
- Ensuring communication with Country Director regarding other animal programs in the country and engaging with agencies and other stakeholders;
- Securing assistance of Country Director for chimpanzee sanctuary related activities as necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience;
- Three years of experience relevant to program management;
- Demonstrated ability to oversee, track and manage a program with multiple facets and aims;
- Working knowledge of social media, website content and crowd funding platforms, especially Facebook, Twitter and GoFundMe;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the key areas/issues associated with coordinating a specific project, program, or campaign;
- Working knowledge/proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Must be able to travel;
- A demonstrated proficiency is required in the following skills/abilities: Action-oriented, Adaptability, Analysis/evaluation, Collaboration and partnering, Communications (oral/written), Influence, Initiative, Interpersonal savvy/effectiveness, Organizational agility, Organizing, Planning, Professional Presence, Project management, Quality focus and Teamwork.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This is a remote position.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
Back to Employment Opportunities