The Humane Society of The United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Senior Administrator, Benefits Administration for the Human Capital & Development department. This position is responsible for performing various duties and projects associated with the administration and processing of benefit programs, policies, and initiatives, and acting as an internal consultant and resource on benefits issues and needs for other Human Capital & Development staff, as well as management and employees.
This position will be responsible for:
- Administering and executing various benefit programs, processes, and activities such as those associated with, but not limited to open enrollment, health and welfare plan administration, COBRA and retirement plans;
- Effectively interpreting FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities; supports processing and administering leave programs including FMLA, disability and maternity/paternity;
- Providing timely and accurate responses to benefits inquiries by managers and employees regarding processes, policies, and program/plan provisions, and assisting employees with claim issues as needed as well as serving as a liaison with vendors, when required;
- Processing worker’s compensation claims, coordinating the collection of accident reports, and interfacing with the vendor on claims processing;
- Processing monthly invoices, as well as preparing regular and special ad hoc reports and analyses on benefits programs, practices, and actions;
- Maintaining data and information related to participation in selected benefit plans/programs, as well as actions processed, such as benefit enrollments and changes;
- Assisting in developing and delivering communication and education programs and other materials to educate employees on benefits programs, policies, and processes;
- Supporting the coordination and communication of benefits related events and presentations;
- Supporting the implementation and administration of various department initiatives; assisting with various projects, processes, and programs and acting as a liaison or partner with various departments, projects teams, etc. when cross-functional integration is required;
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable federal and state employment laws and maintaining the confidentiality of all human resources-related information;
- Maintaining a focus on professional development and keep abreast of human resource trends and issues, particularly related to benefits areas, including any legislative or compliance requirements that may be relevant.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, or equivalent years of experience required;
- Minimum two years of working knowledge and experience in human resources and/or benefit administration, with a heavy emphasis in Family/Medical Leave, ADA and Workers Compensation administration;
- CEBS or equivalent certification preferred, but not required;
- Knowledge of implementing and administering benefits programs, plans, policies, and actions;
- Knowledge and understanding of federal regulations as they apply to benefits programs and processes, as well as related to applicable state laws, along with the ability to apply that knowledge effectively to ensure compliance;
- Attention to detail with a demonstrated commitment to excellence and performance improvement and the drive to deliver quality and value-added results and outcomes;
- Ability to read and comprehend the content of documents and take appropriate action;
- A professional presence and strong interpersonal skills for interacting in a courteous, timely, and diplomatic manner with all levels of employees as well as other parties/stakeholders involved with the organization;
- A customer focus which demonstrates proactive, responsive services;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to organize, present, and articulate ideas both verbally and in writing;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines with an appropriate sense of urgency;
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (WORD, POWERPOINT, EXCEL). Knowledge of Dayforce HCM preferred but not required;
- Ability to handle information of a confidential nature and ensure that such information is secured and maintained in an appropriate manner;
- An interest in and commitment to animal welfare and protection is highly desired.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
Back to Employment Opportunities