The Humane Society of The United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Senior Specialist, Talent Acquisition for the Human Capital & Development department. This position is responsible for facilitating the effective staffing of The HSUS by assessing the staffing needs and then identifying and recruiting talented individuals to fill those needs. The Talent Acquisition Senior Specialist will be responsible for full life-cycle recruitment (counsel and advise managers, set recruitment strategies, source and interview candidates, and negotiate offers). Implements staffing strategies that align with the organization’s goals and makes recommendations on ways to attract and retain top talent.
This position will be responsible for:
- Recruiting, screening, interviewing, and recommending placement of candidates for all positions including advanced level, professional, technical, and senior management positions from both internal and external sources. Reviewing and evaluating candidate work history, education, training, and other qualifications against position requirements and making recommendations for interviews;
- Proactively evaluating and assessing staffing needs of hiring department managers’
- Strategically networking with all levels within the organization and fostering positive relationships with candidates, HR colleagues, and the respective hiring department.;
- Collaborating with departmental staff and attending meetings as necessary to acquire substantial knowledge about the department’s business objectives, goals, operations and work culture;
- Building networks to find qualified passive candidates through use of social media and third party agencies and search firms. Building and utilizing a candidate pool for current and future positions through networking and social media;
- Drafting and posting jobs; conducting recruitment strategy meetings;
- Coaching hiring managers on interviewing and selection skills and techniques as well as providing guidance to employees on career development. Researching and recommending new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting;
- Scheduling and conducting phone interviews, Skype, and face-to-face interviews for internal and external applicants; conducting reference and background checks;
- Providing regular follow-up communication to the respective hiring managers and candidates, ensuring timeliness of recruitment process;
- Generating offer letters and notifying applicants of consideration or rejection.
- Managing the requisition log and applicant/interview/hire reports;
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws and maintaining the confidentiality of all HC&D-related information.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent years of experience required;
- A minimum of five years of full cycle recruiting experience required;
- Excellent inter-personal skills, communication skills and team based project experience;
- Strong knowledge of employment regulations with the DOL and EEOC;
- Strong vendor management skills related to recruitment activities such as search firms and job boards;
- Must have great market intelligence and understanding the available talent in the market and the open position. This includes understanding the competition, locating new active or passive candidates, building, and expanding a recruitment network;
- Ability to assess candidates’ talent and in conjunction with the hiring manager, understand the skills needed to perform the duties;
- Ability to build relationships with candidates, referrals, professional organizations and be well versed and comfortable with in-person, phone networking, and virtual networking including Skype, video chats, social media, as well as other direct messaging platforms and technologies such as Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat, etc.;
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with diverse populations and personalities is necessary;
- Must have the ability to negotiate offers and demonstrate excellent sales acumen to sell the position to the candidate and draw the best talent;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines;
- Experience in general HR functions is preferred;
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member;
- Ability to handle information of a confidential nature and ensure that such information is secured and maintained in an appropriate manner;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (WORD, POWERPOINT, EXCEL) and familiarity with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) usage;
- An interest in and commitment to animal welfare and protection is highly desired.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
Back to Employment Opportunities