The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Senior Specialist, Celebrity & Entertainment Outreach (New York) for the Grassroots Outreach & Engagement department. This position will be responsible for cultivating and fostering relationships with entertainment industry professionals including, but not limited to, agents, managers, publicists, celebrities in support of priority institutional and program initiatives for branding, fundraising and policy impact.
This position will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the Director of Celebrity and Entertainment Outreach and the Senior Director of External Affairs, helping to strategize celebrity and influencing engagements in priority program campaigns and public support of the organization;
- Building celebrity and influencer support by researching and identifying celebrity candidates based on brand and cause alignment, recognizability, reputation and influencing key target audiences for branding, fundraising and policy impact;
- Identifying the most strategic and impactful campaigns for involvement and managing outreach to celebrities and/or representation;
- Updating and maintaining the celebrity database;
- Saving all correspondence between the organizations and celebrities and their representatives and other pertinent information to the database, exporting information for use during activities to enhance and further progress programs;
- Partnering with Philanthropy and other departments on the New York City and Los Angeles galas, and other events which call for celebrity involvement by identifying celebrity candidates and managing outreach and engagement in event opportunities including attending, hosting, presenting, providing social media support, and donated auction items experience;
- Managing and facilitating celebrity engagement opportunities including photo or video shoots and media interviews, drafting scripts, interview questions, ad copy, and assisting in review of pitches to entertainment media;
- Reviewing daily celebrity news, staying on top of trends, and recommending ways in which the organization could capitalize on the daily news cycle;
- Communicating pertinent, relevant information to team and other departments.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum of four years of functional work experience required;
- Experience working with celebrities and agents a plus;
- Nonprofit experience is a plus;
- Highest levels of integrity and ethics together with outstanding personal credibility required;
- Exceptional and well developed communication, presentation, and negotiation skills together with strong persuasion and influencing skills;
- Requires the ability to interact with internal clients and external stakeholders with aplomb;
- The ability to build/foster relationships by reinforcing trust and respect, engaging in HSUS work and demonstrating high standards of tact, diplomacy and discretion;
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as the ability to handle complex situations and demonstrate sound judgment and problem-solving;
- Demonstrated propensity to be creative, collaborative, proactive, and self-motivated in the execution and completion of assigned accountabilities;
- Flexibility and the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues;
- Technical proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (i.e., WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Knowledge of and commitment to animal protection issues preferred;
- Willing and able to travel as necessary.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position will be based in New York City or Los Angeles, CA.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
Back to Employment Opportunities