The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Senior Specialist, Email Marketing for the Digital Marketing department. The main responsibility of this position is to assist the Senior Manager, Email Marketing in identifying and executing advocacy and fundraising goals in order to maximize the effectiveness of the email program.
This position will be responsible for:
- Writing, testing, reviewing and sending emails to help meet the organization’s advocacy and fundraising goals and strengthen relationships with constituents;
- Providing day to day guidance to other members on the Email Marketing team;
- Assisting with executing the email marketing process (defining, creating, testing and measuring) in order to identify and execute team goals and improve organization’s emails;
- Training new and existing team members on processes and technology;
- Acting as technical subject matter expert on the team, helping others troubleshoot issues with software;
- Updating and maintaining standard operation procedures for the team, to include but not limited to production manuals and templates;
- Liaising with staff on data collection, reporting and analysis to measure the results of email campaigns and make recommendations for improvement;
- Staying abreast of trends of other non-profits in best practices in digital campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Communications, or other relevant field, or equivalent experience required;
- Minimum four years of experience in digital marketing, with at least two years of experience in email marketing required;
- Experience with an advocacy or non-profit organization highly desired;
- Organizational, project, and priority management skills for planning, executing and following up on issues, projects and daily responsibilities in order to meet established deadlines;
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills with demonstrated flexibility and the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity, while meeting time sensitive deadlines and deliverables;
- The ability to build/foster relationships by reinforcing trust and respect, and demonstrating high standards of tact, diplomacy and discretion;
- Knowledge of basic HTML and web design;
- Familiarity with content management systems (Blackbaud’s Luminate Online a plus);
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member in a team environment;
- Strong writing, editing, problem-solving and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interest in animal protection issues desired.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status. EOE
Back to Employment Opportunities