The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Web Marketing Specialist for the Digital Marketing department. The main responsibility of this position is to produce web content and manage web tools to maximize donations, advocacy, and list growth, as well as cultivate and retain website visitors.
This position will be responsible for:
- Maintaining web content to include editing, updating, and overhauling content where necessary;
- Coordinating with program staff to ensure program-related web content is up to date, relevant, and action-oriented;
- Assisting Senior Content Writer ensuring all web content adheres to content strategy, is consistent in voice and tone, and is action-focused and goal-oriented;
- Working with the web development team to produce, implement, and maintain web-specific marketing technology;
- Working with Web Marketing Manager to draft and maintain web team documentation, to include analytics and performance reports, SOPs, templates, historical information, presentations, lessons learned, meeting minutes, etc.;
- Working with other digital channels to create effective web content packages that can be distributed across other online platforms including email and social media;
- Coordinating meetings and operational logistics as needed;
- Researching enhancements to current processes and procedures;
- Maintaining the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox to triage and forward incoming submissions from the website’s general contact form.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Web Design, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum two years of experience working in digital marketing and/or communication required;
- Demonstrated experience using content management systems (Convio CMS and Drupal experience a plus), online conversion tools, web analytics tools and project management systems. Experience with Google Analytics also desired;
- Solid understanding of basic HTML skills required;
- Strong writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work collaboratively with different teams and campaigns to effectively translate organizational goals into actionable content;
- Familiarity with and interest in animal protection issues strongly desired.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status. EOE
Back to Employment Opportunities