The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking an Analyst, Systems for the Advancement Operations department. The main responsibility of this position is to manage the HSUS fundraising and constituent database with the goal of maximizing online revenue and actions through segmentation and donor list health.
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing the complex flow and organization of constituent and transaction data between online member and e-marketing database and Constituent Management System (CRM);
- Overseeing improvements to the design and synchronization of HSUS online databases and managing the use of specific tools to aid in direct response programs;
- Creating standardized online member reporting procedures that provide accurate information of online donation, advocacy, and list building trends;
- Analyzing data to determine if adjustments are needed to online campaigns to increase participation;
- Maintaining the integrity and security of our online member data by developing and monitoring secure data exchange processes between online systems;
- Monitoring all data uploads and working with the Information Systems department to maintain PCI compliance standards for online member systems;
- Creating and maintaining training procedures for all HSUS and affiliates staff that interact with online member database systems;
- Creating a streamlined system access procedure and performing regular security audits reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required;
- Five or more years of progressively responsible database administration in a marketing or fundraising environment required;
- Expert knowledge of online fundraising tools such as Luminate Online (Blackbaud) required or other Constituent Relationship Management System;
- Thorough knowledge of Revolution Online (ROI) preferred;
- Knowledge of online data collection, data integration, data security, and data integrity best practices;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member;
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as the ability to handle complex situations and demonstrate sound judgment and problem solving;
- Demonstrated propensity to be creative, proactive, and self-motivated in the execution and completion of assigned accountabilities;
- Organizational, project, and priority management skills for planning, executing and following up on issues, projects and daily responsibilities in order to meet established deadlines;
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status. EOE