The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking an Specialist, Systems for the Advancement Operations department. The main responsibility of this position is to manage the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) fundraising and constituent database with the goal of maximizing online revenue and actions through segmentation and donor list health.
This position will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the integrity and security of online member data by developing and monitoring secure data exchange and list hygiene processes between the online data and external systems;
- Maintaining the hygiene of database to ensure optimized list integrity;
- Working with the Information Systems department to maintain PCI compliance standards for online member systems;
- Overseeing improvements to the design and synchronization of HSUS online databases and managing the use of specific tools to aid in direct response programs;
- Working with CRM Data Manager to maintain and manage the synchronization of online member data with the organization’s database of record to accurately develop a single snapshot of online and offline constituent relationships;
- Assisting with improvements to the design and synchronization of online databases;
- Managing and monitoring all data uploads, scheduled reports, and data extractions to confirm successful transfer of reliable data to and from the online systems;
- Managing listing acquisition efforts for HSUS and affiliate programs to ensure accuracy and integrity of externally acquired data;
- Securely transfer member data to other HSUS departments, vendors, and affiliated organizations for various campaign operations;
- Developing standardized online member reporting procedures to foster greater insight into online donation, advocacy, and list building trends and assisting the organization in making online campaign course adjustments as needed for increased participation;
- Supporting HSUS and affiliate programs regarding online segmentation, data extraction, upload, and reporting;
- Assisting with project specific reports, monthly reports, queries, searches, data exports and research as needed by the development staff and other departments;
- Creating and maintaining training procedures for all HSUS and affiliate staff that interact with our online member database systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required;
- Two or more years of progressively responsible database administration in a marketing or fundraising environment;
- Strong knowledge of online fundraising tools such as Luminate Online (Blackbaud) or other Constituent Relationship Management System;
- Knowledge of online data collection, data integration, data security, and data integrity best practices;
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member;
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as the ability to handle complex situations and demonstrate sound judgment and problem solving;
- Demonstrated propensity to be creative, proactive, and self-motivated in the execution and completion of assigned accountabilities;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Organizational, project, and priority management skills for planning, executing and following up on issues, projects and daily responsibilities in order to meet established deadlines;
- Some experience and knowledge of SQL;
- Proficient in MS Excel (required).
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status. EOE