The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Producer, Video for the Creative department. The main responsibility of the role is to produce compelling live and on-demand stories exemplifying the work of the HSUS, Humane Society International (HSI), and other affiliates.
This position will be responsible for:
- Developing compelling stories that advocate the mission of the organization and determining the appropriate camera shots/angles, images, subjects, and environments;
- Editing to produce stories that reflect the mission and brand of the organization as well as directing subjects;
- Working closely with campaign staff, subject matter experts and Investigations staff to conduct on-camera interviews, analyze and edit footage, writing scripts to produce stories that expose acts of animal cruelty for selected media outlets;
- Determining the appropriate media outlet for each story produced to best suit the needs of organization’s particular fundraising or advocacy goal;
- Monitoring trends and latest equipment developments for all manner of video production;
- Supervising associate producers while on assignment as needed;
- Assisting department staff on video production and other duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in video production or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum four or more years of progressively more responsible experience in video production;
- Strong knowledge of animal protection issues;
- Must have experience with numerous video production elements such as 4k, VR, live streaming and cinemographs;
- Must have strong shooting and editing skills; particularly with Go Pro, DSLR, Sony ENG cameras;
- Knowledge of pertinent software programs such as Adobe Creative Cloud;
- Knowledge of streaming media platforms (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.);
- Knowledge of live streaming platforms to include Facebook Live, Instagram;
- Must be able to travel extensively;
- Must be able to lift/move 50 lbs. of video equipment.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status. EOE
Back to Employment Opportunities