We fight the big fights to end suffering for all animals.
Together with millions of supporters, the Humane Society of the United States takes on puppy mills, factory farms, the fur trade, trophy hunting, animal cosmetics testing and other cruel industries. Through our rescue, response and sanctuary work, as well as other hands-on animal care services, we help thousands of animals every year. We fight all forms of animal cruelty to achieve the vision behind our name: a humane society.
We work to:
- End the cruelest practices toward all animals.
- Care for animals in crisis.
- Build a stronger animal protection movement.
Our rescue and direct care work responds to today’s cruelties; our education, legislative and policy work prevents tomorrow’s.
- The world’s greatest roster of experts in animal welfare.
- Rescuers and caregivers with years of experience.
- State directors working on animal issues around the country and passionate advocates pushing for policy change.
- Several affiliated animal sanctuaries providing direct care and medical help for animals in need.
- A global affiliate, Humane Society International, which has a presence in more than 50 countries.
Together, we’ve achieved a powerful legacy of change for animals and we’ll never stop fighting for them. Leaders in the humane movement ranked us the most effective animal organization in the country in a survey conducted by Guidestar’s Philanthropedia.
Join us. Everyone can play a role in combatting the most severe forms of cruelty and abuse.