Are you interested in combining your passion for animal protection, policy and philanthropy? Then consider becoming a State Council member and serving as an ambassador for the Humane Society of the United States in your community.
Responsibilities of a state council member
- Assist with fundraising for the organization through a monthly financial gift and/or outreach for donations.
- Support your HSUS state director in advancing priority legislation at the local, state and federal levels.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with legislators and change-makers in your community.
- Collaborate with your HSUS state director and fellow volunteers to help educate the public on critical animal protection issues.
- Commit to approximately four hours of advocacy per month.
Member Opportunities and benefits
- Join a community of advocates who are deeply committed to advancing humane legislation and promoting compassionate choices to help all animals.
- Become a skilled volunteer leader in the rapidly growing animal protection movement, receiving advanced training and ongoing support.
- Develop your legislative advocacy, leadership, networking and strategic thinking skills and share your expertise and experiences with others in your community.
Request the State Council member position description and decide whether this opportunity is the right fit for you today!