December 8-17, 2024
Discover the magic of India on our inaugural journey to this unforgettable land. Travelers will be enchanted by Indian culture while they witness HSI/India’s life-changing and groundbreaking work for wildlife and street dogs. Your trip will be led by a superb local guide while our expert field staff immerse you in the program work that is a leading force for animal protection.
This sample itinerary is for informational purposes only. Additional scheduling details will be provided to all registered guests in advance of each trip.
- Day 1: Arrival in Dehradun
- Day 2: Visit to local equine sanctuary
- Day 3: Catch and release street dogs, participate in a spay/neuter clinic and help feed the dogs
- Day 4: Flight from Dehradun to Bangalore
- Day 5: Drive from Bangalore to Coorg
- Day 6: Visit private coffee estate to see work to reduce human-elephant conflict
- Day 7: Snake tracking with world-renowned herpetologists and visit a rural school to paint an educational mural
- Days 8-9: Boat and jeep safaris in the serene Nagarahole Tiger Reserve
- Day 10: Departures out of Bangalore
Being part of the team providing essential care for street dogs.
Witnessing our work to reduce human-wildlife conflict.
A safari in the serene Nagarahole Tiger Reserve.
Interacting with animals on Humane Journeys
Humane Journeys maintains a responsible and respectful animal-watching program. You will be accompanied by HSI program experts, local guides, trackers and safari drivers into areas where animals are part of this itinerary and we will take necessary precautions to help ensure that our presence does not disturb them.
To reserve your spot or get more information, contact us.
Space is limited to 10 people. Participation is $12,500 for single-occupancy accommodation and $20,000 for double-occupancy accommodation. Proceeds will benefit Humane Society International’s programs in India. Your contribution less $5,500 per person is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Ground transportation, one-way flight from Dehradun to Bangalore, plant-based meals and five-star accommodations are included. International flights, alcohol, gratuities and items of a personal nature are not included.