When you transfer ownership of securities to the Humane Society of the United States, you will receive a charitable deduction for the full market value and incur no capital gains tax subject to IRS deductible limitations. The process is simple. You need to provide your financial adviser or brokerage firm with the following information:
Method of Stock Delivery (choose one):
Electronic delivery through Depository Trust Company (DTC)
DTC# 0443 Pershing, LLC
Account Name: The Humane Society of the United States
Our account: N7M100467
Contact: BNY Capital Markets Jorja Watts 412-234-0439
Physical stock certificates
Mail securities and required documents to:
BNY Mellon Capital Markets, LLC.
500 Grant Street, Suite 0475
Pittsburgh, PA 15258
Attn: Jorja Watts
If the security is still in your name, a letter of authorization is needed giving up ownership of the security.
Mutual Funds and Foreign Security Gifts
Please contact Jorja Watts, BNY Capital Markets, 412-234-0439 to coordinate delivery.
We encourage you to alert us in advance with the details of your appreciated gift so we can properly acknowledge your donation. Electronic security transfers do not necessarily provide us with your information.
Please provide the following to Kimberlee Dinn or call 301-592-7072.
- Your name, address and contact information
- Name of the security
- Number of shares and estimated value
- Approximate transfer date and transferring brokerage firm
Mutual Fund Donations
Mutual fund companies have a variety of different rules when transferring ownership of shares. Please contact your mutual fund company and Kimberlee Dinn by email or call 301-592-7072 to facilitate the process.
- To receive the appropriate tax deduction, a receipt from a charity is required for gifts over $250.
- Security gifts are subject to the IRS deduction limits.
- A security's charitable value is determined by the date the security is received in a charity's designated account.
Learn more about how you can create a legacy of compassion.