- What are the attendance options for Taking Action for Animals 2022?
- What safety precautions will be put in place for the in-person audience?
- When will registration open?
- Are there discounts available for the conference?
- What time zone will be used?
- What sessions are being offered?
- What type of food is being provided at TAFA?
- How old must I be to attend TAFA?
- As a virtual participant, will I be able to ask questions or participate in discussions?
- Will sessions be recorded for on-demand viewing?
- Do I need a Zoom account to participate in the livestreamed offering of the conference?
- What if I have questions about Humane Lobby Day?
- What if I have additional questions?
TAFA 2022 will be a mix of in-person sessions and events held in Washington, D.C. along with select sessions livestreamed. While many people are eager to travel and connect with their peers in person, we understand that others are uncomfortable or unable to travel. Participants who choose not to travel will have the option to view livestreamed content and still experience parts of Taking Action for Animals.
The Humane Society of the United States considers the health and safety of all those who attend TAFA 2022 in person our top priority.
Registration will open in early 2022.
You can receive discounted in-person registration of $120 if you register during the advance registration time period. We also offer an additional $25 discount on in-person registration for volunteering. For more information on volunteer opportunities at TAFA, please email us.
The schedules for both the in-person and livestreamed portions of the conference will be in Eastern Daylight Saving time.
A description of all TAFA sessions will be available in early 2022. Past session topics included stopping puppy mills, fur farms, factory farming and cosmetics testing.
We will be serving plant-based meals at TAFA, which is a great way to save precious natural resources, spare animals from factory farms and help you look and feel better! Serving meat-free meals is not only environmentally friendly and health-conscious, but it also wholeheartedly helps to support our mission of a humane society.
All participants (in-person and virtual) must be 18 years or older to attend TAFA.
Yes, the virtual audience will be able to ask questions at the livestreamed sessions.
Any TAFA session that is livestreamed will be recorded and available for on-demand viewing later by both in-person and virtual participants. All on-demand content will be available following TAFA 2022.
No, a Zoom account is not required to participate in the livestreamed portions of the conference.
Please email us!
- How can I register for Humane Lobby Day?
- When is Humane Lobby Day?
- Will there be transportation from the Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel to Capitol Hill?
- Will I be talking to lawmakers face-to-face?
- I can only make it for part of the day—is that OK?
- What should I wear?
You will sign up for Humane Lobby Day during the conference registration process, which opens in early 2022. Once you are registered, your appointments for Humane Lobby Day will be made for you.
Humane Lobby Day will take place on Capitol Hill Monday, July 18, 2022. Overall hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Round-trip transportation will be provided from the Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel to the Capitol.
Yes, every attempt will be made to schedule a meeting with the federal legislators who represent you at the Capitol. In the event that your legislator cannot meet with you personally, you will get a chance to talk with one of his or her key staffers. Your meeting will generally only last a few minutes and you’ll be given specific talking points and training about what to cover during the meeting. The training is scheduled during TAFA and attendance is mandatory.
The event is designed to build throughout the day. It’s important to plan to attend the entire event.
Dress professionally to meet with legislators. A business suit or slacks/skirt and a jacket are appropriate for Humane Lobby Day. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and bring a picture ID.