As we approach Taking Action for Animals, we will continue to update participants with the important information needed to plan your trip, including any changes to these protocols and any other policies and procedures you need to know before arriving. Updates will be shared on this page, through our social media channels and via email when appropriate.
All participants attending Taking Action for Animals in person will be required to agree to Health and Safety Rules and Participant Pledge along with a COVID-19 Waiver and Release of Liability during the registration process.
All in-person participants will be required to comply with the following protocols as part of their participation at Taking Action for Animals:
- Masks are strongly recommended indoors and all are welcome to wear them.
- Use hand sanitizer and wash your hands frequently.
- Follow any physical distancing guidelines.
- Follow any additional guidance and regulations imposed by the HSUS, regardless of whether federal, state or local laws dictate the use of these practices. These regulations may become more or less strict at any time between now and the event date.
- You understand that if you are refused entrance or are removed from TAFA for not following these regulations, your registration fees for TAFA may be forfeited.
The Humane Society of the United States strongly encourages all TAFA participants to be up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, including all primary series doses and boosters, before attending the event. For more information on vaccination, visit the CDC.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms, feel sick or may have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home.
The Humane Society of the United States’ Taking Action for Animals health and safety protocols are subject to change as COVID-19 continues to be an evolving situation.