All of us can make a difference for animals in our everyday lives, whether it's by adopting a pet, choosing products not tested on animals, eating a humane diet or engaging your community in animal protection issues. With so many widespread problems facing animals, it takes all of our collective efforts to confront these cruelties and change things for the better.
Here are 50 ideas for ways you can help animals in your community and across the country. Please share this list with any of your friends and family members who are also interested in advocating for animal protection.
Support our campaigns and programs
Connect with us
Raise funds for our work
20. See how you can raise funds for animals at MyHumane.
23. Host a house party and have an executive or subject matter expert speak to your guests.
25. Donate your used vehicle to benefit the HSUS.
26. Include the HSUS as a beneficiary in your will.
27. Shop our Amazon storefront for branded apparel that lets you wear your support on your sleeve.
28. Purchase pet health insurance from Petplan and receive a 5% discount—and with each completed application, Petplan will make a $20 donation to our Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association's Rural Area Veterinary Services program. Use code HSUS20.
29. Purchase or renew a subscription to All Animals magazine.
31. Shop with our other corporate supporters and help animals with every purchase—coffee, flowers, wine, jewelry, and more.
32. Check out what people are selling to benefit us when you shop on eBay.