November 5, 2012
Resources for Alabamans
Contact information at your fingertips
Report stray or injured animals/animal cruelty
- Call your your local animal care and control agency if you have found a stray or injured animal.
- Contact your local law enforcement agency to report a case of animal cruelty.
- Contact your local animal shelter if you've lost or found an animal, or are interested in adopting an animal.
- Alabama animal welfare / pet adoption groups listed by Petfinder
- The Alabama Humane Federation
- Alabama Animal Control Association
- Emergency financial assistance with veterinary bills
- Animal poison helpline: 800-213-6680 (available 24/7)
- Find an emergency vet near you.
- Look up an affordable spay/neuter clinic in your zip code.
- Alabama Medicaid's low-cost spay/neuter programs for pets of Medicaid recipients
- Low-cost spay/neuter options: 866-9-SPAY-AL
- Love That Cat’s listing of low-cost spay/neuter clinics in Alabama
- Purchase a pet-friendly license plate to help fund low-cost spay/neuter clinics in Alabama