November 7, 2012
Resources for Oklahomans
Contact information at your fingertips
Report stray or injured animals/animal cruelty
- Call your your local animal care and control agency if you have found a stray or injured animal.
- Contact your local law enforcement agency or dial 911 to report a case of animal cruelty.
- Contact your local animal shelter if you have lost or found an animal, or are interested in adopting a pet.
- Oklahoma animal welfare/pet adoption groups listed by Petfinder
- Oklahoma Department of Agriculture
- Animal poison hotline: 800-213-6680 (available 24/7)
- Find an emergency vet near you.
- Oklahoma Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners (to file a complaint about a veterinary practice)
- Oklahoma Animal Control Association
- Look up an affordable spay/neuter clinic in your zip code.
- Love That Cat’s listing of low-cost spay/neuter clinics in Oklahoma
- Central Oklahoma Humane Society (low-cost spay/neuter clinic)
- Volunteers for Animal Welfare (low-cost spay/neuter clinic)
- Find a wildlife rehabilitator in Oklahoma.
- Wildcare Foundation (wildlife rescue and rehabilitation)
- Wild Heart Ranch (wildlife rehabilitation and rescue)
- Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation