November 19, 2012
Resources for South Carolinians
Contact information at your fingertips
Report Stray or Injured Animals / Animal Cruelty
- Call your your local animal care and control agency if you have found a stray or injured animal.
- Contact your local law enforcement agency or dial 911 to report a case of animal cruelty.
- Contact your local animal shelter if you've lost or found an animal, or are interested in adopting an animal.
- South Carolina animal welfare / pet adoption groups listed by Petfinder
- Emergency financial assistance with veterinary bills
- Animal poison helpline: 800-213-6680 (available 24/7)
- Find an emergency vet near you.
Spay / Neuter
- Look up an affordable spay/neuter clinic in your zip code.
- Love That Cat’s listing of low-cost spay/neuter clinics in South Carolina
- Purchase SC's "No More Homeless Pets" license plate to help fund low-cost spay/neuter clinics in South Carolina
Wildlife and poaching
- Find a wildlife rehabilitator in South Carolina.
- Report poachers (Operation Game Thief): 800-922-5431 (possible $500 reward)
- Rare, threatened and endangered species of South Carolina