November 7, 2012
Resources for Tennesseeans
Report stray or injured animals/animal cruelty
- Call your your local animal care and control agency if you have found a stray or injured animal.
- Contact your local law enforcement agency or dial 911 to report a case of animal cruelty, including livestock abuse.
- Join The HSUS's Tennessee Facebook group.
- Have a question about The HSUS?
- Explore The HSUS's issues.
- Contact your local animal shelter if you have lost or found an animal, or are interested in adopting a pet.
- Tennessee animal welfare/pet adoption groups listed by Petfinder
- Tennessee animal shelters/animal control agencies listed by county
- Tennessee Disaster Animal Response Team (DART)
- Animal poison hotline: 800-213-6680 (available 24/7)
- Find an emergency vet near you.
- Tennessee Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
- Look up an affordable spay/neuter clinic in your zip code.
- Love That Cat’s listing of low-cost spay/neuter clinics in Tennessee
- Companion Animal Initiative of Tennessee (CAIT) spay/neuter helpline: 866-907-7729
- Purchase an "Animal Friendly" license plate to support Tennessee low-cost spay/neuter programs.
- Find a wildlife rehabilitator in Tennessee.
- East Tennessee Wildlife Rehab Council
- Walden's Puddle Wildlife Rehabilitation and Education
- Tennesee Wildlife Resource Agency: Report wildlife emergencies or poaching; recieve up to $1,000 reward for information leading to arrest and conviction of wildlife poachers.
Laws and legislators
- Look up your state senator or representative.
- Tennessee General Assembly (contact legislators and track bills)
- Compiled and edited Tennessee laws affecting animals