November 7, 2012
Resources for Virginians
Contact information at your fingertips
Report stray or injured animals/animal cruelty
- Call your your local animal care and control agency if you have found a stray or injured animal.
- Contact your local law enforcement agency or dial 911 to report a case of animal cruelty, including livestock abuse.
- Contact your local animal shelter if you have lost or found an animal, or are interested in adopting a pet.
- Virginia animal welfare / pet adoption groups listed by Petfinder
- Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services: 804-786-2483 (helps regulate local animal shelters, puppy mills, animal fighting)
- Virginia Animal Control Association: 540-672-9725
- Virginia Federation of Humane Societies
- Look up an affordable spay/neuter clinic in your zip code.
- Love That Cat’s listing of low-cost spay/neuter clinics in Virginia
- Purchase a special animal-friendly license plate to help fund low-cost spay/neuter programs in Virginia.
- Find a wildlife rehabilitator in Virginia.
- Wildlife Rescue League of Northern Virginia hotline: 703-440-0800
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Association of Virginia: 434-295-7442 (email: email@example.com)